Thursday 11 May 2017

Tibet Day -1, Biker Dom arrives in Beijing

So, with all the restrictions on internet access in China - and Tibet is a particularly sensitive area of China - I'm wondering if I'll be able to update the daily blog as usual. Google and Facebook are difficult or impossible to access through the domestic wifi networks (although strangely, I seem to get Facebook notifications, even if I can't see the content), so some of my fellow riders might be socially dark for a while. As Google owns blogspot, will I even be able to view and post? This, I guess, is a test. My secret weapon could be my ancient BlackBerry that 'tunnels' through its data connection back to the steam powered BlackBerry servers in Europe. Here's hoping.... click........

Sent from my trusty rusty BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment