Monday 19 November 2018

Vietnam, Day 0 - Arrival and dinner with Obama... almost

The gang are back together and that can only mean one thing, lots of bikey goodness in an exotic location. I'm with Steve, Danny, Martin, Graham, Alan, Gerard, Duff, Ray and Mick in Hanoi, the stars of this new adventure, about to start our tour of northern Vietnam.  Missing are Hugo and Matt who are dealing with stuff, Chris having a similar blast, but in Thailand, and Mark, who's still reliving/recovering from one of our previous trips! We miss him and wish him a speedy recovery. 

For me it's the first night as I arrived only this afternoon, but the others have been here for a day and have done the quick Hanoi tour.  We dine in a place I'm not even going to pronounce or spell, as frequented by President Obama and Anthony Boardain; there are pictures on the wall and their table is 'framed'. 


The streets are buzzing with people, roads are closed, bands are playing, people singing, and there's a real party atmosphere going on. The roads are now filled with throngs of people and kids driving electric toy cars with not a care in the world for who they run over. Is this a typical Sunday we wonder?

Early start tomorrow so off to bed. I'm sharing with Gerard and he's brought me a new toy he picked up for me in Dubai: a  BlackBerry Key2 smartphone with my favourite, a physical keyboard. That's what I'll be blogging with over the next week or so. Gerard meanwhile has his own toy a stabilised gimbal for his smartphone. No more jerky videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment