Monday 2 June 2014

Mongolia, Day 0 - the meeting of minds

The team meets up at Istanbul. Now 5hrs to Bishkek, an hour stop, and then 3hrs to Ulan Bataar. Long night ahead.

And all in a relatively small Boeing 737-800; it's going to be cosy. And now it's raining as we leave, but our tour leader Charlie, says it's 33C heat in Mongolia. And last week he told us it would be cold when we got there. My multiple thermal vests, trousers, fleece and a down sleeping bag may be overkill me thinks.

Meeting the others it's clear Biker Dom has cemented his legend status by riding to the airport with baggage strapped to the back of the bike. My pals are in awe! Hopefully the same baggage will make it to Ulan Bataar with me. Fingers crossed.

It's the first time I've seen some of these guys since we first met up in the Himalayas. They all look well and we have two new faces: Matt and Chris, plus Charlie; and what the heck has happened to Mark?! He's lost so much weight (20kgs!) I hardly recognised him. I'm sure there are lots of stories to tell and gossip to catch up on. No sign of Duff's famous trousers, but I'm sure they'll make an appearance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment