Saturday, 29 August 2026

Stroud to Upnarth

Leaving Stroud, I fill up before joining the M5 northbound. Rain threatens. It's a 300km slog, and I'm planning to ride the trough between two waves of rain also heading north. I leave at 1pm and have timed my journey to not reach certain places until the rain has left, so I mustn't ride too fast or I'll catch it. I'm helped by the traffic and traffic jams, which slows the pace, but I'm careful not to stop, or my bike will overheat like yesterday. 

So I make steady progress, and filter between lanes when they stop. As long as I keep moving the bike should be fine; and it is, not missing a beat for the entire journey. Eventually I'm not bothered by the rain and just push on regardless, putting on my rain jacket to keep the rain out. The rain on the engine will help cool it anyway. 

I arrive in Barnoldswick at 18h30, only slightly earlier than planned. And I have a gift for Snads which she really appreciates. 🖕🏽

Steve has prepared a bean and mince chilli dish, jacket potatoes, and chicken - yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment